Saturday, April 20, 2013

Makeup for less happy occasions

Today I went to my grandmothers funeral. Even though it's very sad, she's in a better place now. I wanted to do some makeup that would be appropriate to wear to something like a funeral. Since I'm in England to be here for the funeral, and I'm therefor on a trip, I couldn't bring to much makeup. I ended up bringing two Mac lipsticks - Craving and Rebel. I then ended up choosing Rebel with a Mac lip pencil in Vino underneath. On the eyes I wore Mac eyeshadows in Ricepaper and Patina, and then I used the shadow in my beloved Sleek Makeup Browkit in dark to darken the look a bit, and also to do my brows. On my face I wore my Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation and L'Oréal True Match powder to set that. On the cheeks I wore my new Mac blush, which is Melba. I highlighted with my Mac Mineralize Skinfinish in Lightscapade.

It came out nice, lasted all day and survived quite a few tears. So here's something you can do for makeup, if you are going to something like a funeral or if you are going to something a bit more formal than the usual parties or family gatherings. The dark lipstick is nice in the winter times when you are going out, but for summer, I would choose a lighter shade. You could therefore do the eyes with the colors I chose today, but with a lighter lip shade for more happy and more summer'ish look.

Xoxo Daisy Ann




No comments:

Post a Comment